Saturday, November 20, 2010

One mans Junk

 I like cooking and last night my aunt was cleaning her apartment a winter cleaning hehehehe. Before she moved to were she is now she had rented another apartment. Which was home to two elderly sisters they had traveled around the world and as they grew older they decided to leave to Europe. They knew my aunt so they decided to leave her everything they couldn't carry. so last night I was looking through my aunts book case and saw an old culinary textbook from the 50s I picked it up and saw all the recipes. I asked he about it she said I could take it because she doesn't like to cook. I was so excited she also gave me some more cooking tools which I will show you pictures of.
This is the first recipe im going to try
Here's the book
I liked the name on it.
it has a section on canning I liked the picture.
A mixer she gave me also

2 comments:

  1. Aren't 1950s textbooks great? I have my mom's home-economics textbook from the 50's and love trying recipes out of it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My gosh, what finds! Lucky your aunt doesn't like to cook!

    P.s. I've left you an award over at my blog. Stop in and see!
    http://sailingoveracardboardsea.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete