I hope you all enjoyed Quincy's interview!! Today I'll be interviewing Miss Amethyst from The Pink Retro Powder Room. This gal's blog is such a delight its full of vintage hairstyle tutorials and beauty too, adorable outfits, and great finds, plus she young too!! Now off to the interview !!
As much as I love the 1940's , I would say 1950's thru the very early 1960's. I tend to gravitate to the petticoats, pearled cardigans, and cat eye glasses.
What was your first vintage piece??
My very first vintage piece was when I was a baby. A1950's yellow infant outfit set. It was chiffon dress with a little jacket and a bonnet. Its so adorable, in fact I still have it!!
Claire McCardell !!
Why well she was the first to create the ' All American Look'. Her clothes are just timeless, it reminds me of what Doris Day and Grace Kelly would wear .I came across a pair of green elegant gloves that I had to buy, and I looked at the tags and it was a original Claire McCardell vintage 50's gloves!!! I think its pretty neat that she from the area I am from, and we have the same birthday months ( May!)
Name a blog your fond of.
I love all the blogs that I follow but you are the one of the couple that I jump first to!
What makes me gravitate to the past is that everything was so well made! Boys were boys, clean cut and well good maners . Girls dressed so pretty everyday, cute sun dresses/ cocktail dresses, with gloves and hats, the perfect dazzling earrings and purse to match!! I just wish we would see more of that!
I go thru so many styles / hair cuts. My favorite way ( and its really easy) is in a roller set that has been combed out and one side is gently pined for a instant 50's look. But when I am in a rush and I want more of a 40's look I do a reverse victory roll in the other side with a cute vintage hair comb!
What do you like best about yourself?
My hair, my eyebrows, and my style ha ha!
I have 2! Elizabeth Taylor & Sandra Dee
Thanks again Miss Amethyst for the interview your blog is the swellest and If your not following her blog here is the link!!




what good interviews, make more .....
ReplyDeleteThanks and actually there going on all week!!
ReplyDelete